The gambling world is full of people who just throw down hard earned money
without thinking about what they are doing. Are you one of those people who will
just go with the flow? If so, you are most likely a losing gambler or you are not
winning as much money as you could be. There are three main factors that make up
every successful gambler: money management, value and knowledge. This article
will take a look at all these of these areas and help you become a sharp gambler.
It’s amazing how many people gamble and don’t think, for even one second, about
money management. You wouldn’t go on a trip without thinking about what you
want to do right? Then why gamble without a goal? When you go on a trip, is your
goal to simply go on a trip? Of course it’s not. You at least decide on a destination,
time of stay and so forth.
Before you gamble, you should have some goals in mind. Here’s a quick list of a
couple goals you want to define.
1. What is your total bankroll for the gambling session?
2. If I am ahead $X, I will leave.
3. If I lose X% of my bankroll, I will leave or I will leave once my bankroll is gone.
4. I will devote most of my time to playing [ insert game ].
5. While playing [ insert game ], my average bet will be around $x.
Defining these five goals will help you keep organized and focused.
The sharp gambler stay way from bets that are for suckers. He or she is only
concerned with getting good value. Here’s a list of key bets and activities to stay
1. Slot Machines – The payback percentage is poor.
2. Roulette – Huge house advantage.
3. Proposition bets in Craps.
4. Parlay cards in sports betting that contain a large amount of selections.
5. The insurance bet in Blackjack.
6. The tie bet in Baccarat.
7. Caribbean Stud Poker, which has a large house advantage.
There’s no law against playing the above items from time to time, but you have to
do it in moderation and not make these items part of your main betting activities.
This is one of those factors that separate the long-term winning gamblers from the
consistently losing gamblers. If you are going to wager on something, you should
know all you can about it. Study the game, learn the tricks and understand
everything about it. By being knowledgeable in the game, you will know how to
maximize your wagers and your time.
Pick a game you want to play and follow this guide to become a guru.
1. First, research the game by typing in the name at your local search engine.
Look for how-to-play articles, tips and strategy. You will find many free resources
2. Find an online casino that offers play money games and go practice what you
have learned. If are learning about sports betting or horse racing, find a sports book
to get odds from and play bet.
3. Visit your bookstore and look for books on the subject. Sit down at the store
and read a little.
Keep reading and searching for the area(s) you like and soon you will become a very
sharp player. Knowledge is power, especially in the gambling world.
By improving yourself in these three areas, you will have a great possibility of
winning more consistently and you will have more fun because you are organized,
focused and education.